Cleaning Info: September 2021 – June 2022
- This year we will continue having 4 families clean Monday – Friday. For those new to Cornerstone – we start right when school is out at 2:35 and it usually takes about 45 min.
- The cleaning supply room contains everything necessary for cleaning as well as replenishing bathroom and classroom supplies. A bathroom cart can be found in the staff bathroom in the gym wing as well.
- We will continue to have 3 different cleaners in spray bottles: the blue window cleaner, multi-purpose cleaner (for toilets, walls, shelves, counters) and a disinfectant (for any high-touch surface – tops of desks, handles, faucets…etc)
- A list of daily and weekly tasks is hanging on the wall just outside the supply room. PLEASE mark down what you are going to clean that day so the other cleaners know what is already being done. This is very helpful for new-to-Cornerstone moms who are getting the hang of the cleaning routine and don’t know where to get started cleaning.
- If you have taken on the duty of cleaning the bathrooms for the day, please start with the girls bathrooms, allowing the boys time to use their room without an awkward interruption.
- Please pick up larger items before vacuuming (i.e. bobby pins, paper clips, eraser bits), the vacuum can’t handle them.
- Use the white board to let me know if: supplies are low, something is broken, you have a suggestion…etc
- If you see something that requires attention, please clean it!
- Children are encouraged to help but parents must ensure that their jobs are completed and done well.
- Please keep an eye on your little ones. Do not let them use the teacher’s markers, write on the whiteboards, go through desks, or take things off of shelves. Please keep children that are not helping you clean outside as much as possible.
- If you cannot clean and would rather pay than trade, please contact me for a list of people willing to clean for cash. If you would like to be added to this list, please let me know.
Out of respect for your fellow cleaners please note:
- You are responsible to make your own trade(s) if your scheduled week isn’t convenient for you. When you make a change, please mark it on the schedule in the supply room so fellow cleaners know who to expect.
- If you are unable to start cleaning at 2:35, please let the people you are working with know and expect to stay later in order to complete your share of the work.
Thank you for your help in keeping our school clean!
Any questions or concerns: please call, text, or email: Jessica Chase (360-483-8064) firstname.lastname@example.org